Monday, November 26, 2007

Back from Vacation

In case you hadn't noticed, I took a few days off from the blogging. It became too much of a chore, so I thought a few days away would help re-energize my blogger-self. I think it has.

Genocide Celebration Day went off without a hitch this past Thursday. You can check out some pics at Digital Vittles. While there, be sure to check out the "Gobble Gobble, Y'all" post.

I bought nothing on Buy Nothing Day...wait...we did buy some furniture. Damn! Maybe next year.

We finally have a fully functional basement/family room. Some tables and a chair (Thanks, Mom.) have really made the space livable. Plus, my dad and I put up some closet doors to help cover up that gigantic mirror. (Some of you know what I'm talking about.)

I haven't showered in two days, but that will change as I have to get back to work. This will probably mean a continued stoppage in the blogging, bu
t I will try to post every other day. Besides, with the end of the year coming, I have to complete all my end-of-the-year lists.

December 9th is coming up and that means I am still selling raffle tickets for Prism, the LGBT youth group for which I volunteer. Thanks to those who have already purchased tickets or made donations. The tickets are $1 for each, $5 for six.

Misery is #1...for now. I'm a big Sooners fan this week. If OU wins, the Buckeyes are in the championship game for the second straight year and third time this decade.

I'm currently listening to Jose Gonzales and am impressed for the most part. His style of folk lies in that place where Elliott Smith and Nick Drake meet. We'll have to see where he lands on the end-of-year list.

That's all for now. I've got some ideas for more focused posts.

No comments: