Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Musings

It's been nearly a week since I last posted. It's not like I have nothing to say, because I do. It's just that work, school, and family have a way of pushing the blogging aside.

  • Apart from the blogs I mentioned two weeks ago, another Bathysphere alum has entered my Google Reader radar. Kiernan Maletsky gives a full rundown of his daily listening habits along with some insight as to what may have led him to such choices. Read All Day Long.
  • Speaking of my shout-outs to the local blogosphere, Pete Bland returned the favor via Twitter and Facebook.
  • I listened to Wilco (The Album) this week and think they are returning to my good graces; Modest Mouse's new EP made me revisit This Is a Long Drive...; the selection of the opening track for the Monsters of Folk debut is confusing to me; and I got a lot of responses to a Tweet/Facebook status update concerning Nebraska.
  • I don't really know what all the hub-bub is over the new Facebook interface. Just jump around between the news feed and the status updates. It's not that hard.
  • Geocities closed its "doors" this week. I thought they did that years ago.
  • Kids at Paxton-Keeley have been snorting Smarties. Really. I blame hipsters.
  • Although I don't really report on the beering at this particular blog anymore, I did brew my third batch this past weekend (yet another reason I'm not blogging). It's a barley wine with bourbon-soaked wood chips for a little oak and vanilla flavoring. It should be good and potent.
  • College football rolls on. I will not write about my team until they redeem themselves. Of course, at least they aren't 0-3 in their conference after getting shellacked on their homecoming night. Oh, and I'm predicting everywhere that Iowa will win the national championship. Write it down.
  • I spent my first two nights alone with Lucia. We both survived.
  • Not only am I not blogging, but I have not been able to attend many happy hours at the 'Tag in recent weeks (and won't make this week's either). Still, you should go and have a Lion Stout for me.
  • There was other stuff, but I've already forgotten. I promise to do better.

5 comments:

Mike said...

I missed your Nebraska tweet/status update, due to nanowrimo. Could you post here, please? My favorite album ever.

Zach B said...

Apparently Angelfire still exists too!

Nostalgia....

Anonymous said...

Random musings are always fun...

Congrats on surviving your first two nights with Lucia and not snorting Smarties up your noses.

What's the story on the Ragtag happy hours?

comoprozac said...

It's not an official happy hour, but we try to get folks to come out every Friday mostly because we think it's the best place to hang out and have a drink.

You're welcome to come. Like I said, I won't make it this week (in-laws are in town), but we usually go between 5 and 8.

Unknown said...

That snorting smarties thing came up here in Denver as well not so long ago. We talked about it in our weekly staff meeting, and that ended with the food critic trying to figure out how smoke smarties. He tried rolling them in cigarette paper and ultimately decided packing them in with a normal cigarette, spliff style, was the way to go. Not that I'm making suggestions.

Thanks for the shout out.