Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget September 11

"Never forget 9/11," people say. I won't, but it will be for very different reasons than they're talking about. For me, September 11th is the day Lucia Caroline entered our lives here in Misery.

Sure, it has not been as miserable living here since that day, but I have the image of this blog to keep going. So, the name stays. Sorry. So sorry.

I wrote a letter to Lucia about her birthday almost a year ago. You can read it here.

Her birth story came in two parts. Part one is here. Part two is here.

I hope you enjoyed this month of posts dedicated to Lucia. The entire collection can be found here.

At this point, there really isn't much else to say except "happy birthday". It's been an eventful year. I look forward to many, many more.

2 comments:

abby said...

Congrats on the anniversary of becoming a father. It's definitely a milestone for you all. I shall hoist a cupcake in Lucia's honor and a pint in yours. And maybe a scotch for R. :)

jenwingard said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Lu. And congrats to you and R! The first year is always as bewildering as it is amazing. Keep looking forward and keep loving each other.

Happy Day to you all, Jen