Thursday, December 21, 2006

Miserable Stuff I Missed


Living in this miserable hole of Como, I have missed some great music.
The Thermals - Now, to be fair, I missed the boat on this one in Columbus, OH. I could've seen them for free at tOSU's Springfest but stayed at a cook-out instead. I have a huge crush on the bass player...predictably. Their new album rocks and addresses Christian fanaticism.
Be Your Own Pet - You never know with Thurston Moore, but he seems to have picked a winner this time. Even though they are teeny-boppers, they rock like old pros. BYOP will find it's way into my collection eventually.
Sunset Rubdown - Side projects for bands as good as Wolf Parade have to be good...and this one really is.
Beirut - I've meant to buy this one all year. It just hasn't happened yet. I love the new Bohemian folk thing right now. Esp when it sounds anything like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
Lupe Fiasco - I've done this before: fallen for over-hyped underground hip-hop, but this one sounds diff. He does songs about skateboarding and misogyny in rap.
That's all for now.

No comments: