Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Time Capsule: A Year Ago Today

A year ago today, this whole waiting thing was getting on our nerves. Who knew that it would still be another three days. Also, in retrospect, R was already experiencing early labor. She had some random contractions and whatnot. Things were happening. We just didn't realize.

Anyway, here's last year's post...

Cletus the Fetus seems to like his/her home in R's womb.

We have tried everything to get him/her to come out. And I mean everything. For me, it basically means that I will get a couple weeks off work, a chance to help care for a crying/eating/shitting being, and, most importantly, earn the title "Pops."

For R, it means so much more. I just wish for her sake that our baby joins us on the outside and soon. She's had it for some time, and I can't say that I blame her.

Pregnancy kinda sucks. Waiting at the end of pregnancy kinda sucks.

Everybody should send good vibes...via Gmail or in the comments or with a witty greeting card from Hallmark. We can use all the good vibes we can get.

In the meantime, keep in mind that McSame got a bump in the polls and now leads Obama. After Ohio State loses to USC, my football season will be over...until we beat Michigan by four touchdowns. The only thing that can save us now is Cletus' arrival.

No comments: