Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Beer I Drank Today: Celebrator


The Beer I Drank Today: Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock

Style: Doppelbock

Color: dark brown

Head/Lacing:
big fizzy head, nice lacing but quickly dissipates

Aroma: cola, chocolate, sweet malt

Flavor:
super balanced, cola, chocolate, sweet malt, molasses

Context: I bought this on my expedition to STL several weeks back. The only other time I've tried it was at a lager beer tasting last summer. Maybe four or five beers (out of 30+) stood out that night. This was one of them. Tonight, I did some de-cluttering of the house after putting together some dinner and bathing the kid. So, I figured I earned a beer tonight.

Would I recommend this beer to you?
Yes, especially if you've sworn off lagers altogether. Doppelbocks are the one style that make me believe that a lager can be drinkable. This one is one of the best out there.

No comments: