Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Beer I Drank Today: Red and White


The Beer I Drank Today: Dogfish Head Red & White

Style: witbier

Color: caramel, cloudy

Head/Lacing:
fizzy and tan with a nice lacing that disappears quickly

Aroma: fruity

Flavor:
fruity and alcoholic, a Chardonnay-like finish (although, I don't know wine)

Context: Mom brought this to me a couple of weeks back. I knew that Alan (of Patric Chocolate) liked Dogfish Head and thought that he'd like this one in particular. So, I invited him out. Plus, I had promised him a Hopslam for weeks. He brought two nice beers that we didn't even get to after sharing this bomber of 10% ABV beer. I guess we'll have to do this again.

Would I recommend this beer to you?
Yes. It's really different than any witbier I've had. I think wine-drinkers and Belgian beer drinkers would appreciate this beer. I'm glad I tried it.

No comments: