Monday, February 16, 2009

Some Things to Blog


I have some blogging to catch up on. Here's what I'm pondering...

M Ward's record and the compilation Dark Was the Night arrived in the mail today. I'll grab the digital file of M Ward's record and let you know how it went. The other record will have to wait until I can get home and sit down for a minute or two. Maybe I'll even do proper reviews. Maybe.

I drank some beers this past weekend I haven't told you about yet. I do plan to review these beers, but it's time i don't have. FYI, I had a New Glarus Spotted Cow and a Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye on Friday for HH. The other beer of the weekend was a Southern Tier Backburner Barley Wine. I actually bought two of the barley wine, one for now and one for later.

I listened to Nirvana, Heatmeiser, and Brainiac at some point on the iPod while driving home. This got me thinking about dead rock stars from my generation. I saw the front men from all three bands perform. However, I don't know what I'll say about it. I just want to say something.

My blogging is lagging for two reasons: Facebook and Twitter. I'm sure there's a blog post in there somewhere. I may even have to mention all the other places I contribute. It's getting outta hand.

Depending on how much research I do, I may or may not tell you about a musician who has intrigued me today, despite having no nationally distributed album. Her name is Shilpa Ray and she's so harsh...in a good way. Brooklyn Vegan, who I usually skip in my daily readings, called my attention to Shelpa and her Happy Hookers. You can grab an MP3 here and here or visit her MySpace page (yes, bands still use those) here.

Also in BV, a little band called Clap your Hands Say Yeah may be making a comeback like only a blog band could: after two whole albums. They apparently played a long set the other night and revealed some great new material. We'll have to wait and see if they'll make up for the show in COMO they cancelled a while back. Actually, I won't blog about this anymore. I just wanted to let you all know that I have great hopes for a CYHSY "reunion" tour. When Hell freezes over indeed.

No comments: