Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Beer I Drank Today: Expedition Stout

The beer I drank today: Bells' Expedition Stout

Style:
Imperial Russian Stout

Color: black, like motor oil

Head/Lacing:
chocolate mousse-like head, leaving beautiful lacing at the top


Aroma: chocolate, vanilla, roasted malts, coffee

Flavor: espresso, cream, chocolate, vanilla, alcohol

Context: It was time to decorate the tree since this is a year to stay in Misery. I had resisted buying the Expedition Stout due to spending a lot of money lately on beer and the $16 price tag. I recently spied it in the mix-your-own-sixer shelf and added two to my pack, realizing what a steal it was. I'm glad I did.

Would I recommend this beer to you? Yes.
It is the perfect stout for a cold (high of 13 today) December day and the alcohol added to my holiday cheer.

No comments: