Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Spoonful Helps the Miserable Go Down

I can't sleep, so I'll blog...

Spoon renewed my faith in them tonight. The last time I saw them at the Blue Note, they sucked. I don't know if it was the sound, the pacing, or the set list. They just flat out sucked.

Tonight, Spoon did not suck. They played quite a bit from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga which is to be expected as well as several of the hits off of Gimme Fiction. In fact, we suspected that they would play the entire new album song-for-song. They were tight, quick between songs, and on-target with their set list.

The night was pretty great except for one thing: a stinky hippie. Some of you who know me know about my distaste for hippies. I dislike their self-righteous, patchouli stench, but this was even worse. This hippie had some BO that was absolutely intolerable.

But that didn't stop me from enjoying the show. The band threw in some oldies from Girls Can Tell and played an encore of one-song-too-many. However, they were popping tonight. I had always heard that Spoon is hit or miss with their shows, and my two Spoon shows were proof of that.

1 comment:

ATR said...

Glad Spoon was better this time around. You may recall that I did not appreciate them last time out.

Also, thanks for ranking Monkey and I 3 and 4 on your list of who's who, right below R and Moms...not that it meant anything, but it still felt swell.

And, again, thanks for letting Monkey and I crash this past weekend.